Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 Steps of Highly Blessed People - Intro

Pray, Read your Bible, Go to church

This is a blog, that I hope to make into a book because the world is never tired of simple steps to improvement. But because it is a blog I won't be able to go into as much depth as I would like. I would like to know what you think the potential success of such a book might be. If I would be writing something that you would find useful, or if it would just be a part of my one personal library. I have been teaching these three things to my church for over 10 years and what I can tell you is that blessed people have at least these three things going for them, and those that are not so blessed are missing at least one.

Let's just see how far we can go...

Looking over the lives and lifestyles of Highly Blessed people it is not hard to see some similarities in the actions and choices of people that could be universally called blessed.

First, define blessed.
  1. consecrated; sacred; holy;sanctified
  2. worthy of adoration, reverence, or worship
  3. divinely or supremely favored; fortunate
  4. blissfully happy or contented
 The first two we will leave for God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, since we don't want to go into the worshiping of man or defining anyone as sacred. But the second two should suffice for our purposes just fine. Over the next couple posts, we will work through these definitions and how they support the principles I wish to build upon.

1 comment:

  1. Well Sir since I am in for the long haul, I still like read your Bible, Pray and go to Church, that is enough for a poor soul like me; the rest I leave to those that have that higher calling. Blessings Me...

    ReplyDelete