Thursday, October 16, 2014

God's Challenge Day 3

I lost my vehicle today.

How is that for a challenge? Not permanently, but for a while. In the meantime, I will have to search out other moods of transportation for me and the family. Now how does that jive with the whole fasting thing? For me it fits right in. Challenge is a part of the christian life and the timing of the challenge is often the thing that makes it the hardest. 

Can I confess something to you, I have known this was coming for a while. I have been driving around knowing that at some point i was going to need to park and ride/walk//fly. The fact that it happened while I was fasting to the Lord for a new direction is all the more a reason to believe that God is watching me and is with me through this thing. 

SO, I had meetings today that I still needed to keep and appointments and all the normal things I am supposed to deal with. So today, I walked. It was nice out and I could do that. In few days though, it will be cold. Then What?!

DON'T WORRY!
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
 - Matthew 6:25-27

Jesus says to us, "don't worry about your life... is not life more than food...?" Yes, Lord! The same can be applied to the cars we drive or the homes we live in. This is a strength test. But, it is not a muscle strength that the Lord is looking for. It is a faith strength that is needed here. 

How strong is your faith? Can you withstand the challenges of this world without all of your gadgets and what nots? So I will have to walk for a while, Amen, God must want my full attention because that it who I will be talking to as I go from point A to point B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment