Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Taking on God's challenge Day 1

There is a saying in my house, if you really want to change something about yourself tell the spouse. Until you do that, you are not really being serious about the change you are trying to make. 

I will take mine a step further and make blog about it here. So... what is this challenge? An extended fast.  God needs my attention in a new way and the way He has asked me to prepare for this new level is through fasting. 

Now, fasting is not new for me. As a matter of fact, I have been fasting weekly for decades but those are one day, 24 hour fasts. There are also the corporate fasts that we as a church do at the beginning of the year, but those are Daniel (partial) fasts which allow eating of a restricted menu. This current fast is to be a water only fast for 8 days and although it wont be the first time I have done this, but its been a while. This type of fast is very taxing not on the individual on the fast, but all those that are around as well. For this reason, you should be sure that the instructions to do such a fast are from God and you should let those whom you love know what you are about to do. I have heard the Lords voice on this for a while now and it is very clear that this is the step I need to take.

The bible teaches us that, "some things only come through fasting and prayer." I believe that there are place in life that you need special preparation for. It could be a new direction in life, a new understanding, or just a deeper relationship with the Lord.  Specifically for myself, I feel that this is necessary for my growth and development for a new level in my life. 

So I will track this for the next week here for you to see, for the future and for me as well. Keep me in your prayers. 

Pastor Alberts

No comments:

Post a Comment